My Other Sites: Costume Wardrobe Portal | Costume Wardrobe Blog | The Quilted Hen Blog | Happy Bobbin Blog | Backyardhens Blog

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Kaname Chidori

This is my first cosplay for AVCon 2006. The hardest part of this costume was the fitted jacket, and then wearing the wig because it is quite heavy and goes everywhere!

I spent over a month compiling parts for this costume. I found a blue wig that was 47.5" long on ebay and managed to buy it for only AU$40 including shipping. Since the shoes are only going to be worn for two days, I got a pair of white and pink shoes for only $20, going more for the overall look than the comfort. I got a pair of knee-high socks for only $3 and a white shirt to go underneath for $20.

Kaname's Jacket
Pleated Skirt

Ribbons
The ribbons are one rectangle folded into the middle, a second rectangle about 2/3rds the size of the first not folded, and a small rectangle to hold them both in place in the middle. One is attached to a badge back for my neck and the other is attached to a hair tie for my wig. I used the description from a Gosu Rori magazine to help work out how to make a nice looking bow.


No comments:

Post a Comment