Today I completed the dreaded task of rethreading my overlocker (serger) with black thread. This is well overdue as most of my sewing is dark colours, but as it is still relatively new to me (even after 2 years) I didn't want to take the jump and rethread it for the first time. The hardest part was actually working out that I have to cut off all of the threads close to the needles to get them to come out. Then I followed all the little arrows and I must have done it right because it has been going fine.
This also means that it has made my life a lot easier with the velveteen. I have given all of my raw edges seam treatment with the overlocker now which will hopefully reduce the amount of mess spreading from my sewing machine to my kitchen table.
I have also gathered the last layer to the next layer. I have two options now. Gather some more lace to the edge of the next layer, or gather some lace to cover the last seam. I am feeling the urge to procrastinate about the lace again, but at least that is some more progress to show for tonight!